We are still open during this current lockdown for all your optical needs. We are currently operating an appointment only system in order for us to control the number of people in the practice. Safety measures are in place, door handles and other touch points are sanitised regularly throughout the day. The test rooms and equipment along with all spectacle frames, are sanitised after each patient. Hand gel is available throughout the practice for everyone's use. When attending, please wear a face covering (unless you have an exemption). Stay safe and hope to see you soon.
- 20 Million British people risk avoidable sight loss because they fail to have regular sight tests.
- One in ten British adults have NEVER had an eye examination.
- 85% of us admit to having problems with our vision.
- More than 30 million Britons are entitled to FREE eyecare (sight tests and / or optical vouchers to cover the cost of any vision correction required) paid for by the NHS.
- Everyone should have an eye examination once every two years unless advised otherwise by their optometrist. The Eye Care Trust recommends children aged under 9 and people aged 70 and over have annual eye examinations.
- It’s estimated that 1 in 5 children has an undetected problem with their vision.
- Fifty per cent of us think an NHS sight test costs £20 or more, despite it being free!
- A quarter of over 60 year olds say the quality of their vision affects their daily routine.
(Source of information. The Eyecare Trust)
Don't put your eye sight at risk - Be sure to have regular eye examination.